WHO WE ARE
We are Crime Victim Advocates providing services to individuals affected by crime. Our advocates bridge the gap between victims and the services they need. We offer FREE and CONFIDENTIAL services to individuals affected by crime.
EXAMPLES OF CRIMES YOU MAY BE AFFECTED BY
- Identity Theft
- Vehicular Homicide
- Property Crimes/Burglary
- DUI/DWI Injuries
- Hate Crimes
- Vulnerable Adult Abuse
- Child Physical Abuse
Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking crimes are not part of our program, however, we maintain a “No Wrong Door” policy and will work with victims of these crimes to find the appropriate services.
WHAT WE OFFER
24 Hour Toll-Free Crisis Line: 1-866-711-2826
For further information and useful links online, please see our regional partners’ website at http://www.cvan11.org/
- Assess immediate needs, concerns and safety issues.
- Assist victims in identifying and prioritizing relevant needs and options.
- Provide support both in person and over the phone.
INFORMATION AND REFERRAL
- Explanation of community/public programs and assistance determining eligibility.
- Referral to local resources that may assist with the many issues the result from crime victimization.
- Accompany victims when accessing services or resources in the community.
- Acting in support of victims when working with public service providers, creditors, employers, insurance companies, landlords etc.
- Aid victims in obtaining medical care that respects victims’ choices and rights.
- Assistance applying for restitution in criminal cases and retrieving property from law enforcement.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- Provision of information to the public and public service providers about crime victimization, violence and available resources.
- Participation in community education events and presentations to public or private groups regarding crime, advocacy and rights.
- Explanation of statutory rights of crime victims and assistance in navigating the criminal justice system.
- Accompaniment to hearings and interviews.
- Referral for child/respite care and transportation arrangements to attend court.
- Facilitation of requests by victims to be notified when offenders will be released or transferred in custody.
CRIME VICTIMS COMPENSATION
Washington States Crime Victim Compensation Program (CVC) can provide medical, mental health and financial assistance to eligible victims or survivors of victims of crime. Advocates will provide CVC application to any victim of crime that may be eligible. Explanation and assistance when completing the application is offered as well as assistance in the appeal process if the application is denied.
Advocates work to protect the rights and dignity of crime victims by providing support, referrals and advocacy in a compassionate, proactive and empowering manner.
YOU HAVE RIGHTS
- The right to be reasonably protected from the accused;
- The right to reasonable, accurate and timely notice of any public court proceeding or any parole proceeding involving the crime or of any release or escape of the accused;
- The right to be reasonably heard at ay public proceeding in the Superior Court involving the release, plea, sentencing or any parole proceeding;
- The right to full and timely restitution provided by law;
- The right to be treated with fairness and with respect for the victims dignity and privacy.
We will make every effort to ensure you are afforded these rights.
The Lewis & Mason County Crime Victim Center is a program of Community Action Council. All services are provided at NO COST and any crime victim is eligible. We support our entire community.
HOW TO REACH US
During business hours call our office at(360) 736-1800 x105.
If you need assistance after hours call our 24 hour line at 1-866-177-2826 to speak with an advocate.
All appointments scheduled in Lewis county are at our office located at: 405 N Tower Ave, Centralia, WA 98531
During business hours call our office at(360) 736-1800 x105. If you need assistance after hours call our 24 hour line at 1-866-177-2826 to speak with an advocate.
*Our Mason county office is open by appointment only.